At FluentPro we’ve been working with Microsoft Project Management and Work Management Platforms for over 10 years now, and we do realize the importance of financial reporting in this field. With our deep understanding of Microsoft PPM capabilities and the in order to respond to a huge market request for easy-to-use and powerful financial reporting solutions for these platforms, we came to designing our own Power BI Report Packs for Microsoft Office 365 reporting within our existing product – Financials for Project Online.
Power BI Reports Pack for FluentPro Financials
FluentPro Financials is a seamlessly integrated app for Microsoft Project Online that was designed to give PMOs greater control over portfolio spending.
The Financials pack for Power BI provides an excellent opportunity to accumulate all the data, analyze it, and see the reports in an easy-to-use environment. We’ve worked on this pack to enable multiple comparison scenarios: compare totals, forecasts, forecasts vs. actuals, planned spending vs. actual spending, cost categories in portfolios and projects.
Financials Pack for Power BI capabilities:
- Pick up a project to see its details in a monthly, quarterly, or yearly view. Turn on/off selected categories and the information to track.
- Use Portfolio Cost Analysis to compare project budget against other projects in this portfolio or against the whole portfolio budget. Review the comparison results by cost category to see how different project areas are progressing. Compare portfolio vs. another portfolio (e.g. this year against last year) and use this data to make adjustments, if necessary.
- Use Portfolio Cost Analysis Time-phased to compare projects and portfolios over time.
- Use Project Cost Details for the specific project or portfolio details presented on a single page, i.e. project costs by category, project costs totals (forecast, baseline, actual), start and finish dates, etc.
- Use Project Cost Summary for a visual representation of the key project cost parameters: project totals, forecast/baseline/actuals by category, etc.
- Use Portfolio Category Details to see a dashboard that shows data across your portfolio. Select any number of projects and analyze; switch between monthly, quarterly, and yearly views.
- Use Portfolio Category Summary for the reports focused on categories only.
- Use Portfolio Cost Details to see financial data roll-up per project.
- Use Portfolio Cost Summary to review aggregated data per portfolio, without time phased-view. All the totals listed.
With the Financials pack for Power BI, you can visualize your budget data to make necessary decisions or present these reports to top management. We also provide you with the Power BI file so you can develop a new report or build a new dashboard if there’s a need.